Garmin Map Update
Garmin Map Update is an essential task that facilitates accurate and reliable navigation. Garmin extends cutting-edge and user-centric Devices that are backed by innovative GPS Devices. These state-of-the-art Devices use vast maps to give an unmatched user experience. However, users must keep the Devices up-to-date with the latest Garmin Maps.
Install Garmin Map Update
Garmin Map Update is a quick and simple process wherein you connect the Garmin Device to your Computer. Then, Garmin Express detects the available Map Updates. Following that, it Installs the available updates on your Garmin Device.
However, there are certain prerequisites that are essential. Although, these are just one-time procedures required for first-time users.
To begin with, you must properly Install its Centralized Management Hub i.e. the Garmin Express. Along with that, you will need to establish a Garmin Account. Moreover, Garmin Map Update requires you to Register your purchased GPS Product.
➥ Install Garmin Express
- Begin the process by launching a preferred Web Browser on your System.
- Then, bring up “Garmin.com/express”.
- The following window presents dedicated Download Links from both “Windows” and “Mac” based Devices. Along with that, it provides specified System Requirements. Therefore, check the Criteria carefully.
- Then, click on the respective link meant for your Computer’s OS.
- With this, the downloading process will begin to proceed with Garmin Map Update.
- Once the download completes, get access to the downloaded Setup File.
- Thereafter, launch the File by double-clicking on it.
- On the following Security warning popup box, click on “Run” to permit System Validation.
- After that, attentively go through its “Terms and Conditions”. For this, click the respective link.
- Following that, tick mark the respective checkbox to confirm your consent.
- Along with that, you have the option to change the Installation Location. For this, select the “Options” tab. Then, follow on-screen prompts.
- Finally, click on the “Install” button.
- As a result, the Installation process will begin. Hence, patiently wait for its completion.
- At last, Restart your Computer.
➥ Establish Garmin Account
Apart from Garmin Express, you will also need your Garmin Account to Install Garmin Map Update. In other words, you must establish your Garmin Account before proceeding to the main process. However, this is a quick and simple process.
➥ Product Registration
- Use a mini USB Cable to hook up the Garmin GPS Device to your Computer.
- Now, launch Garmin Express on your System. Then, click on “Get Started”.
- Next, you must click on “Add A Device”.
- With this, the application will detect the GPS Device and connect to it.
- Thereafter, click on “Add Device”.
- After that, provide your Email Address associated with your Garmin Account. Then, click “Next”.
- Following that, enter the corresponding “Password”. Then, “Log In” to your Garmin Account.
- On the next window, provide a Nickname to your GPS Device. Then, click “Next”.
- When it prompts for “Anonymous Data Collection”, click “Yes” or “No”.
- Subsequently, follow on-screen instructions and complete the Network Connection.
Garmin Map Update Process
Garmin Map Update Process is a two-step process as explained below. Hence, closely follow the given instructions.
➥ Hook Up The GPS Device
Once you have ensured that all the prerequisites for Garmin Map Update have been fulfilled. Thereafter, you must hook up the Garmin GPS Device to your Computer by means of a mini USB Cable. In other words, properly plug in one end of this Cable to the GPS Device and other end to your Computer. Here, it is important to ensure that you are connecting to the same System that has pre-installed Garmin Express Application.
➥ Install Garmin Map Update
- Once you have connected the GPS Device to your Computer, launch Garmin Express.
- As a result, it will automatically detect the available Map Updates for the connected Device. You will find the same on its Dashboard.
- However, if you have multiple Devices linked to this Account. Then, you must select the Name of the connected GPS Product.
- Now, click on the “Install All” or “Select All” button. This will begin downloading the available Updates.
- On the contrary, if you need to Install the Updates individually. Then, click “View Details”. After that, click on the “Install” tab next to the specific map update.
- Next, you must attentively read the its “Terms and Conditions”. Then, click “accept”.
- On the following webpage, you will find the instructions to Install Updates. As such, carefully read the same. Besides, make sure that you follow them correctly. Then, click “Continue”.
- With this, Garmin Map Update will begin Installing. Therefore, wait for it to finish.
- Finally, it will notify the same. Thereafter, disconnect the GPS Device when prompted.
- At last, Restart your Computer.